Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Sunday, September 23, 2012
By Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
"The novel introduces an alien race, called souls, who take over Earth and its inhabitants. The book describes one soul's predicament when the mind of the host body refuses to cooperate with her takeover."
Monday, August 6, 2012
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Friday, July 6, 2012
Monday, July 2, 2012
Friday, June 1, 2012
How much is too much? How far is too far? “Friday Night Lights” takes a look at a Texas town and their love for their local football team. What is interesting about this story isn’t that it’s a feel good story, but a story about what parents, coaches, and even the high school athletes will go to just to win a football game. This book will give you more questions than answers and a shocking look at how some Texas towns emotionally invest into their local teams.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
The Art of Cycling covers way more than just riding a bike. It also discusses riding in cities, injuries and accidents, flat tires and more. This book is great if you are interested in the history of bicycles, just started riding bikes or if you’ve been riding for years.
Nearby History shows that any literate person can master historical research techniques. Each chapter describes methods for collecting and using evidence from a person's nearby world--written documents, oral testimony, visual objects, buildings, photographs, and physical landscapes--for historical studies of families, neighborhoods, institutions, and communities as a whole.
The original Match.com! This is a group of stories about the mail-order-bride business of the 1800’s – successes and failures. The gold rush in California and the wood industry in Washington and Oregon drew many young men west in search of their fortune. After a few months of hard work, they came to miss the companionship of the fairer sex. That led attentive entrepreneurs to realize there was a need to fill, and there were eastern ladies ready for the adventure. This scenario and others, such as seeking a companion of like religious background to homestead in the west, are explored. The journals and newspapers quoted give us a feel for the era. Not all had happy endings, but all are an insight that some things never change. Enjoy.
Usually when you think of introverts you think of shy, withdrawn, non-talkative people. But, really introverts are more observant, thoughtful, shun ambition, and give more credit to others. This book studies the positive attributes of quiet folks, giving insightful, credible, solid information and data that gives a whole new outlook to being an introvert. You may even find it describes you!
Friday, March 9, 2012
2. Click “Create New Account” in upper right corner.
3. Once you’ve created an account download the One Click Digital Media Manager either for windows or mac by clicking “Learn more about OneClickDigital Media Manager” On the right side of the screen. This will open a new page and have links to download the Media Manager.
4. Once the Media Manager is installed, log in through the One Click Media Manager.
5. Go back to the One Click Digital Website and at the top click the “Home” tab to view different books or you can use the quick search or advanced search.
6. Once you find a book that you want to check out, click the book
7. Once you click on the book, on the right side of the page choose how many days you want to check out and click “Checkout now!”
8. If the book is unavailable, however, you may put a hold on the book by clicking “hold”. It will tell you how many people are ahead of you in line.
9. Once checked out it should pop up a “download” window, make sure to click “open”
10. After you click “open” it should automatically open One Click Digital Media Player
11. Your checked out book will be under Checked Out books in the One Click Digital Media Player.
12. Simply click “play title” underneath the cover of the book.
13. For further support visit: http://wyomingstatewy.oneclickdigital.com/Help/Help.aspx
1. Connect IPod to your computer
2. Open One Click Digital Media Manager
3. Click “download/transfer” (you must have itunes)
4. It should automatically transfer to your iPod
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
This is a touching movie that teaches a person not only to believe in those around them, but to believe in themselves. Hilary Swank stars in this inspiring movie as the teacher who gives her troubled students a chance to make a voice for themselves. I would recommend this movie to anyone seeking encouragement, or just someone looking for a great movie to watch. J
Avatar is a popular non fiction movie about the planet pandora that is inhabited by the Na’vi that are 10 foot tall, blue skinned sapiet humanoids, who live in harmony with nature and worship a goddess called Eywa. Humans have destroyed Earth’s natural resources so they make avatars as themselves in Na’vi form to obtain minerals from pandora. This film is full of excitement, adventure, and a fateful love. Enjoy and embrace yourself in the fantasy, become one with the Na’vi.
“Dr. Powell decided to write this engaging and accessible introduction to the science and psychology behind music when he discovered that all the existing books on the subject gave him a headache. He holds a master’s degree in music composition and a PhD in physics…”
“You will be glad to hear that you need no musical or scientific training to understand this book, although musicians and scientists should find plenty of things they didn’t know before.”
"In the ways of the ancient she found a hope for a future.”
Pai is the next whale rider for her people; being the whale rider comes with great power; being the leader. This position is challenged by everyone including her family. Pai defies the tradition of male gender only and fulfills her destiny.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Written by our very own, Buck Tilton, this book is great for anyone who spends a lot of time in the outdoors. It covers everything from what to do if you encounter a bear to sleeping on the ground. Whether you have to pee in the woods or need dry clothes, this handbook has some wonderful tips!
Follow Azoth, an orphan living in the gutters of Cenaria’s largest city, from the slums to a career as a powerful assassin. Durzo Blint, a mysterious and immensely powerful man, holds the city in the death grip of his expertise and takes Azoth as his only apprentice breaking his own rules in doing so. To make a place for himself in the underhanded world of professional assassins known as wetboys, Azoth must become Kylar Stern and learn to kill without question. This tale will take you for a ride you’ll never forget, just remember: wetboys don’t have targets, they have deaders because wetboys never botch a kill.
What a capturing read! This book takes your hand and leads you along the lives of a 9-11 family in a way that is unique in its presentation, mostly form the point of view of a victim’s young son. Not a boring minute.
Were you looking for a book and could not find the copy here in the library? Thanks to technology and a new app from Wyld you can now check out books by downloading them to your tab or to your smartphone. Download the app Freading to your device. Then check out http://gowyld.freading.com. The process is easy and there are no fees involved. Happy reading to you!!
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
By Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
This book is a treasure. The characters are charming, the circumstances dramatic and the narrative arc wonderful. Over one-thousand readers gave it five stars on Amazon.com.
London, 1946. A young female writer is looking for a story to tell. The Isle of Guernsey is recovering from German occupation. She begins corresponding with survivors to tell their tale. In the process, she becomes one of them. Enjoy!
Director of Library Services
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Ave
Riverton, WY 82501
fax: (307) 855-2094
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
2. Go to Adobe, if you do not have an Adobe account and register an account.
3. To enter your Adobe id into your Freading app, click on the login, or the letter i, on the lower right hand side of your screen, (if you have more than one Adobe account, make sure you know which account is correct.)
4. Go to www.freading.com using the web browser Safari.
5. Log in to Freading by entering the name of the College, the zip code of the college, town and state the college is located in. Once entered, select Wyoming State Library. Now enter your barcode on the back of your CWC ID, or library card, enter your card number and your PIN (the default PIN is WYLD).
6. Once you are logged in, browse the books by “top downloads”, “new arrivals”, or “categories."
7. Once you've found a book you want, click the book, and it will bring up a new page.
8. On the new page, under the picture there is a download link, click that to download the book.
9. Each book costs a certain amount of “tokens” and are readable for 2 weeks. You may renew a book once the two weeks are over for another charge of tokens
10. Once you have downloaded the book you must “open” it in your Freading app.
- The Nook family of readers from Barnes & Noble cannot download directly from Freading, but you can download books to your computer and then transfer them to the Nook with Adobe Digital Editions.
- Most Android based tablets and phones. Devices must be at least version 2.2 of Android and have access to the full Android App Market. Find the App in the Android Market and install. Register with the Adobe Digital Editions user id and download books directly with the App.